Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Why this exists

This exists because Kim and I are starting off on an adventure that will often put us out of touch with friends and family.  We head for Johannesburg, South Africa on May 14th, with two one-way tickets, two backpacks, and two adventurous spirits!  We plan to spend about two months in South Africa.  Some with Brooke and Jed (Kim's sister and brother-in-law), some in Kim's former college town of Stellenbosch, some in Cape Town, and the rest is still unknown.

We'll be back from time to time to post pictures and a few lines to keep you up to date on our whereabouts and our experiences.  We'd love to read your comments anytime, as I sure we'll eventually start to miss home.  Wish us luck!

Mike and Kim  

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck and have fun! I'll be thinking of you!
-Gretchen

Auntie Connie said...

Michael, we are so proud of you for showing that one can be driven, determined and yet unpredictable! Kim, we love you and wish you both all the best in your exploration of our world!

bigtint said...

You two adventurers take care of yourselves and have a fantastic time! (Miss you at the 10 year reunion Millwagon :)

Rexy said...

Best wishes to you two as you venture around the world! I envy your opportunity!! Have a great time and keep us updated:)

Anonymous said...

dear kim and mike, i am soooooo happy for you guys!!! this is amazing, i wish i got to talk to you before you left : ( well who knows maybe ill crash your party and meet up with you for a savannah at bohemia!! best of luck in all your adventures!!! i will be thinking of you constantly!!! you are such an inspiration!!! love you kim! miss you!! no, i reallllly miss youuuu!!! xoxo

Momma said...

Kimmy and Michael,
What!! You've been gone for 5 days and still no update. Ha. Wish I had been home to give you one last hug before you left but I guess I'll survive until I SEE YOU IN AFRICA IN 5 WEEKS! Love, Momma

sandyrohwer said...

So sorry that I missed your call, but Lucy was calling! hope all is going well as I am sure it is. Can't wait to get some updates.

Love, Mom

Brooke said...

HEY!!! I am so happy for you two! I miss you, and love you both! Best of luck and be safe.
Oh and post alot of pictures
Love, The best sister in the world!!

sandyrohwer said...

Kim,
Don't make my boy eat chicken feet!!!!!

sandyrohwer said...

So....Is that Nissan Sentra considered a luxury car? We finally got some nice and warm weather but along with the warmth came an army worm. Yes, I saw my 1st army worm and he conviently placed himself in my hair, only to fall out on my Sunrise bakery cupcake. Haven't eaten in 2 days!
Lucy lost 2 pounds, just thought you would like to know that.